1 28oz can unsalted whole tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp garlic, minced
2 small shallots or 1/4 small onion, minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes [optional]
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 bay leaf
1 tsp Takii Umami Powder
ground black pepper to taste
1. Blend whole tomatoes to desired consistency in blender.
2. In large skillet, heat olive oil then add garlic, shallots/onion, red pepper flakes over medium heat. About 1 min.
3. Add meat of your choice [if desired] to skillet and cook thoroughly
4. Pour in blended tomatoes; add basil, oregano, bay leaf, Takii Umami Powder, and black pepper and simmer. Simmer uncovered for 20-25 min, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf before serving.
5. Serve with your favorite pasta. Enjoy!